
No line was crossed.
That was the problem.
下班時間,捷運出口,雨不大不小。
我看見她站在那裡,像是在猶豫兩條街的距離。
所以我只是撐著傘走近,對她說:
「我的傘夠大,一起撐吧,我送你過對街。」
沒有邀請,沒有碰觸,沒有越線。
只有雨聲、古龍水、沉默,和一段太短卻太危險的同行。
她準備進餐廳前,忽然轉身,沒有道謝,只說:
「你的古龍水很好聞,跟我前任應該是同款。」
這首歌寫的不是發生了什麼,
而是什麼都沒發生,卻已經太多了。
Smooth Jazz, Sophisti-pop, Quiet Storm, Jazz Noir, Adult Contemporary
...查看更多 收合A Gentleman’s Umbrella
紳士的雨傘
I saw you by the station,
我在捷運站旁看見妳,
silver rain in your hair.
銀色的雨落在妳髮間。
A dinner dress, a worried face,
一身赴宴的裙裝,一張猶豫的臉,
too beautiful to stand there.
美得不該只是站在那裡。
You checked the street, then checked your phone,
妳看了看街口,又看了看手機,
someone waiting down the line.
電話那端,有人在等妳。
I knew that kind of candlelight,
我知道那種燭光晚餐,
it was never meant for mine.
從來不會是為我準備的。
I said,
我說:
“My umbrella is wide enough,
「我的傘夠大,
two streets, nothing more.
只送妳兩條街,僅此而已。
Deux rues seulement, mademoiselle,
只有兩條街,小姐,
I’ll leave you at the door.”
我會送妳到門口。」
No touch, no little promise,
沒有碰觸,沒有任何小承諾,
no reason to explain.
也沒有什麼需要解釋。
Just a gentleman beside you
只是有位紳士在妳身旁,
walking quietly through the rain.
安靜地陪妳走過雨中。
You kept your distance carefully,
妳小心地保持距離,
I respected every inch.
我尊重每一寸分寸。
But the city has its habits,
但城市有它自己的習慣,
rain can make a good heart flinch.
雨會讓一顆好好的心忽然動搖。
Your shoulder almost touched my sleeve,
妳的肩幾乎碰到我的袖口,
your silence said too much.
妳的沉默說得太多。
I held the handle steady
我把傘柄握得很穩,
like I didn’t feel the hush.
像是完全沒有感覺到那片寂靜。
I said,
我說:
“My umbrella is wide enough,
「我的傘夠大,
two streets, nothing more.
只送妳兩條街,僅此而已。
Deux rues seulement, mademoiselle,
只有兩條街,小姐,
I’ll leave you at the door.”
我會送妳到門口。」
No touch, no invitation,
沒有碰觸,沒有邀請,
no stolen little flame.
沒有偷來的一點火花。
But some women pass beside you
但有些女人只是從你身旁經過,
and the weather learns their name.
連天氣都會記住她的名字。
At the corner, you looked up,
在街角,妳抬頭看我,
like you almost changed the scene.
像是差一點就改寫了這一幕。
Then you smiled the kind of smile
然後妳笑了,那種笑容,
that keeps a man discreet.
會讓男人懂得守口如瓶。
You said,
妳說:
“Your cologne is beautiful…”
「你的古龍水很好聞……」
Then softer, half ashamed:
接著更輕,帶著一點不好意思:
“My ex wore the same.”
「我前任也用同一款。」
I only smiled and nodded,
我只是微笑,點了點頭,
that was all I had to do.
那就是我唯一該做的事。
You walked into the candlelight,
妳走進燭光裡,
I walked away from you.
我則從妳身邊走開。
Deux rues seulement,
只有兩條街,
and nothing crossed the line.
什麼都沒有越線。
But rain remembers everything
但雨記得一切,
we were polite enough to hide.
記得那些我們禮貌到足以藏起來的事。
AlexHu
還是那麽浪漫的引人遐想,這爵士樂真有魅力!