“ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR”
Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing the RubberBand!
"ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR"
Lai Maan strikes his drum set with heartfelt ferocity...
Wai's electric bass plucks along in synchronicity...
Clem's guitar rhythmically dances in unison with Kelvin's intro chords...
No.6 insatiably sways his microphone to the beat....
RubberBand was formed in 2004. It is the unbridled passion for music which brought these boys together. Upon hearing their performance, it would be easy to discern their collective enthusiasm. When they are not playing together however, their individualism shines:
• Clem spent his formative years studying abroad, which is why his command of the English language is probably better than his Chinese. However, he retains his deep sense of Chinese heritage, and Asian culture in general--and still keeps fit by practicing Tai Kwon Do!
• Kelvin is infamous for his meticulous nature. Under most circumstances, he is usually the mild-mannered gentleman in the band; however, once his tolerance threshold is tested, be prepared for the unimaginable wrath!
• Wai has never given up on the local football scene, he is a die-hard fan of Nan Whua Shaolin soccer to this day!
• Lai Maan evinces a carefree spirit. His passion for sailing probably explains his shorts-and-sandals look year-round.
• No.6 is marked by emotional idealism despite his senile outlook. His knowledge in world geography and history is astounding.
Despite the apparent differences in their background, there is an inexplicable camaraderie which culminates in their musical alchemy: supple yet resilient, fluent yet graceful...they are RubberBand !